The Ultimate Guide to Making Peach Cobbler from Scratch
Peach cobbler is one of those classic desserts that never goes out of style. It’s a perfect summer dessert that’s easy to make is always a crowd-pleaser. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or a novice this ultimate guide to making peach cobbler from scratch will help you create the perfect dish.
To make peach cobbler from scratch you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 6 cups sliced fresh peaches
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup boiling water
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to make peach cobbler from scratch:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish set aside.
- In a large bowl combine sliced peaches 1/4 cup of sugar cornstarch. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In another bowl mix flour remaining sugar salt baking powder cinnamon (if using). Add milk melted butter stir until smooth. Pour the batter over the peaches.
- Pour boiling water over the entire dish. Do not stir.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top is golden brown the filling is bubbly.
Here are some tips to help you make the perfect peach cobbler:
- Use fresh peaches as they have the best flavor texture. If you can’t find fresh peaches you can use frozen peaches but make sure to thaw drain them before using.
- If your peaches are not ripe enough add a tablespoon of lemon juice to the peach mixture to enhance the flavor.
- You can add nuts such as almonds or pecans to the batter for extra texture flavor.
- Serve the cobbler warm with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Making peach cobbler from scratch is easier than you think. With just a few simple ingredients some easy steps you can create a delicious crowd-pleasing dessert. Follow this ultimate guide you’ll have a peach cobbler that’s golden brown bubbly bursting with flavor.