The Ultimate Guide to Making Ice Cream In a Bag
Looking for a fun easy summer activity that the whole family can enjoy? Making ice cream in a bag is the perfect solution! It’s a quick interactive way to make your own delicious homemade ice cream using just a few simple ingredients.
What You’ll Need
To make ice cream in a bag you will need the following ingredients materials:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cubes
- 1/3 cup rock salt
- Gallon-sized zip-top bags
- Quart-sized zip-top bags
- Thick rubber gloves or kitchen towels
1. In a quart-sized zip-top bag combine 1/2 cup heavy cream 1/2 cup milk 1/4 cup sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Seal the bag tightly making sure there is no air inside.
2. In a gallon-sized zip-top bag fill it halfway with ice cubes. Add 1/3 cup rock salt.
3. Place the quart-sized bag with the ice cream mixture inside the gallon-sized bag. Seal the gallon-sized bag again making sure there is no air inside.
4. Put on thick rubber gloves or wrap the bag in a kitchen towel to avoid frostbite.
5. Shake the bag vigorously for 5 to 10 minutes until the ice cream mixture inside the quart-sized bag has hardened thickened.
6. Remove the quart-sized bag from the gallon-sized bag wipe off any salt on the outside.
7. Open the quart-sized bag scoop out the homemade ice cream into bowls or cones.
– For a fun twist add your favourite toppings like candy sprinkles chocolate chips or crushed Oreos to the ice cream mixture before putting it in the bag.
– If you don’t have rock salt you can use coarse kosher salt instead.
– Be sure to use a thick sturdy zip-top bag to avoid any leaks or spills during the shaking process.
– For a dairy-free option you can use coconut cream or almond milk instead of heavy cream milk.
Making ice cream in a bag is a simple entertaining activity that everyone will love. With just a few basic ingredients materials you can create your own delicious homemade ice cream in under 10 minutes. So why not give it a try make some memories with your family friends this summer?