The Ultimate Guide to Making a Perfect Cheesecake
Cheesecake is a classic dessert that has been loved for generations but making it can be an intimidating process. In this ultimate guide we will walk you through step by step on how to make the perfect cheesecake from choosing the right ingredients to the perfect baking time.
– 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
– ⅓ cup granulated sugar
– ½ cup unsalted butter melted
– 4 packages cream cheese softened
– 1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
– 4 large eggs
– ⅔ cup sour cream
– ⅓ cup heavy cream
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
– 9-inch springform pan
– Aluminum foil
– Electric mixer
– Mixing bowls
– Rubber spatula
– Measuring cups spoons
– Lemon squeezer
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To make the crust combine graham crackers crumbs sugar melted butter in a mixing bowl. Mix well until well combined.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan making sure it is even packed tightly.
4. Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
5. While the crust bakes make the filling. In a large mixing bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth.
6. Add granulated sugar mix until incorporated.
7. Add the eggs one at a time mixing after each addition until well blended.
8. Add sour cream heavy cream vanilla extract salt. Mix well.
9. Squeeze 2 tablespoons of lemon juice into the mixture mix well.
10. Pour the filling onto the prepared crust in the springform pan.
11. Wrap the bottom of the springform pan with aluminum foil to prevent water from getting in during baking.
12. Place the springform pan in a larger baking dish fill the baking dish with hot water halfway up the side of the springform pan.
13. Bake in the preheated oven at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until the cheesecake is set but still slightly jiggly in the middle.
14. Turn off the oven let the cheesecake cool in the oven for an additional hour.
15. Remove the cheesecake from the oven let it cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.
16. Cover chill the cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
– Use room temperature ingredients to prevent lumps ensure a smooth texture.
– Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula to ensure everything is well mixed.
– Adding a tablespoon of cornstarch can help prevent cracks in the cheesecake.
– Do not open the oven door during baking to prevent drastic temperature changes.
– Allow the cheesecake to cool gradually to prevent cracking.
Now that you’ve followed our ultimate guide you’ve successfully made a perfect cheesecake! With its creamy texture rich flavor this dessert is perfect for any occasion. Don’t forget to share it with family friends impress them with your new skills!