The Ultimate Guide to Making a Delicious Cuban Sandwich
Cuban sandwiches are a classic dish that originated in Cuba have since become popular in the United States. This delicious sandwich is made with ham pork Swiss cheese pickles mustard all pressed together between two slices of Cuban bread. It’s a simple yet flavorful sandwich that’s sure to please.
To make a Cuban sandwich you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 2 slices of Cuban bread
- 2 slices of ham
- 2 slices of pork
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 slices of dill pickles
- Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Spread mustard on one side of each slice of Cuban bread.
- Layer the ham pork Swiss cheese pickles on one slice of bread.
- Top with the other slice of bread mustard side down.
- Place the sandwich in the preheated skillet or griddle press down lightly with a spatula.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the bread is golden brown the cheese is melted.
- Flip the sandwich cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat let cool for a few minutes before slicing serving.
- For a crispier sandwich brush the outside of the bread with melted butter before cooking.
- For a spicier sandwich add a few slices of jalapeno peppers.
- For a vegetarian version replace the ham pork with slices of grilled eggplant or portobello mushrooms.
Making a Cuban sandwich is a simple yet delicious way to enjoy a classic Cuban dish. With just a few ingredients a few minutes of cooking time you can have a flavorful sandwich that’s sure to please. Give it a try enjoy!