The Perfect Guide to Making Delicious Egg Salad
Egg salad is a classic dish that is easy to make can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or a tasty side dish egg salad is a great option. Here’s a guide to making the perfect egg salad.
To make egg salad you’ll need the following ingredients:
– 6 hard-boiled eggs
– 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
– 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
– 1 teaspoon of white vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– Salt pepper to taste
– Chopped celery (optional)
1. Start by hard-boiling the eggs. Place the eggs in a pot cover them with cold water. Bring the water to a boil then reduce the heat simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Once the eggs are done drain the water let the eggs cool. Once they’re cool enough to handle peel the shells off discard them.
3. Chop the eggs into small pieces place them in a bowl.
4. In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise Dijon mustard white vinegar sugar salt pepper.
5. Pour the dressing over the eggs mix until everything is evenly coated.
6. If desired add chopped celery for a crunchy texture.
7. Serve the egg salad on a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich.
– For a healthier version of egg salad use Greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise.
– If you’re not a fan of celery try adding chopped onions or pickles for a different flavor.
– To make the egg salad even creamier add a tablespoon of sour cream.
– For a spicier version add a pinch of cayenne pepper or a few drops of hot sauce.
Egg salad is a classic dish that is easy to make can be enjoyed in a variety of ways. With this guide you’ll be able to make the perfect egg salad every time.