The Classic Shirley Temple Recipe: How To Make This Childhood Favorite
The Shirley Temple is a mocktail that has been popular since the 1930s. Named after the famous child actress it is a sweet refreshing drink that is perfect for kids adults alike. The drink has been a childhood favorite for generations is still popular today in many homes restaurants bars.
– Lemon-lime soda
– Grenadine syrup
– Maraschino cherries
1. Fill a tall glass with ice.
2. Add 1-2 tablespoons of grenadine syrup to the glass.
3. Pour lemon-lime soda into the glass leaving room for the cherries more syrup if desired.
4. Stir gently to mix the ingredients together.
5. Add a few Maraschino cherries to the drink placing them on top.
6. If desired add more grenadine syrup to the drink to sweeten it up.
7. Serve the drink with a straw garnish with additional cherries.
– Use clear soda instead of lemon-lime soda for a different look.
– Add a splash of orange juice for a “dirty Shirley” drink.
– Add a few drops of vanilla extract for a creamier flavor.
– Serve with a slice of orange a sprig of mint for a fancy touch.
The Shirley Temple is a classic drink that has been enjoyed by generations. Whether you are making it for yourself or for a group it is easy to make delicious to drink. With just a few simple ingredients you can create a childhood favorite that is sure to delight kids adults alike.