Slow Cooker Sunday: The Perfect Crock Pot Roast Recipe
As the weather turns cooler it’s time to break out the crock pot start cooking some hearty comforting meals. And what’s more comforting than a tender juicy pot roast? With the help of a slow cooker you can easily make this classic dish for a cozy Sunday dinner.
– 3-4 pound beef chuck roast
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 1 onion chopped
– 3-4 cloves garlic minced
– 2 cups beef broth
– 1 cup red wine
– 2 bay leaves
– 1 teaspoon dried thyme
– 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
– Salt pepper
– Carrots potatoes other vegetables of your choice
1. Start by browning your beef chuck roast in a large skillet with some vegetable oil. This will help to seal in the flavor create a crispy exterior. Once all sides are browned transfer the roast to your slow cooker.
Step 1: Brown the Beef Chuck Roast
2. In the same skillet add chopped onions garlic sauté for a few minutes until softened. Pour in beef broth red wine bring the mixture to a boil. Then pour the mixture over the beef roast in the slow cooker.
Step 2: Add the Broth Wine Mixture
3. Add bay leaves thyme rosemary to the slow cooker. Season with salt pepper to taste.
Step 3: Season Add Spices
4. Add carrots potatoes other vegetables of your choice to the slow cooker. These will cook along with the roast absorb all of the delicious flavors.
Step 4: Add Vegetables
5. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours until the roast is tender the vegetables are cooked through.
Step 5: Cook Enjoy!
6. Once the roast is cooked remove it from the slow cooker let it rest for a few minutes before slicing.
7. Serve the sliced roast with the cooked vegetables a ladle of the delicious juices from the slow cooker.
Step 6 7: Slice Serve
This Slow Cooker Sunday recipe is a foolproof way to make a delicious satisfying pot roast. With just a few simple steps a little bit of patience you can create a meal that will warm your soul fill your belly. So gather your family friends enjoy the comfort of a home-cooked meal together.