Mastering the Art: How to Make the Perfect Sunny Side Up Egg
If there’s one breakfast food that has stood the test of time will always remain a classic it’s the sunny side up egg. This simple yet delicious dish is perfect for those rushed weekday mornings or lazy indulgent weekend brunches. Here are some tips on how to make the perfect sunny side up egg.
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt pepper to taste
- Start by heating a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Once the skillet is hot add the butter swirl it around the pan until it’s completely melted evenly coats the bottom.
- Next crack the eggs into the skillet being sure to space them evenly apart.
- Season the eggs with salt pepper to taste.
- Let the eggs cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the whites are set the edges are crispy.
- Using a spatula gently remove the eggs from the skillet transfer them to a plate.
- Make sure the skillet is hot before adding the butter eggs. This will help the eggs cook evenly prevent sticking.
- Be patient let the eggs cook for at least a minute or two before trying to flip them. If you flip them too early you risk breaking the yolk.
- If you prefer your yolks runny cook the eggs for a shorter amount of time. If you prefer them more well-done cook them for a longer amount of time.
Making the perfect sunny side up egg is all about timing technique. With these simple tips tricks you can elevate this classic breakfast dish to new heights. Whether you enjoy them on their own on top of toast or paired with crispy bacon a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg is sure to satisfy any breakfast craving.