Lemon Drop Recipe: A Perfect Guide for Citrusy Cocktail Lovers!
If you are a fan of tangy citrusy cocktails then a Lemon Drop should be on your list. This cocktail is simple to make has a refreshing taste that can lighten up your mood in a single sip. It is a classic recipe that has been around for decades it still remains an all-time favorite for many people.
To make a Lemon Drop cocktail you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 oz vodka
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 1 lemon twist (for garnish)
- Sugar (for rimming the glass)
- Rim the glass with sugar. First take a slice of lemon run it along the rim of the glass. Then dip the rim into sugar twist the glass around to make sure the sugar sticks.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice then add the vodka lemon juice simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously for about 10-15 seconds to combine the ingredients create a frothy texture.
- Strain the mixture into the sugar-rimmed glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist.
- Sip enjoy!
- If you like your drinks a little sweet add a little more simple syrup.
- For an added kick add a splash of triple sec.
- You can also try making this cocktail with other citrus fruits like lime or grapefruit for a different twist.
- If you want to skip the sugar rim you can also opt for a salted rim using coarse sea salt.
The Lemon Drop cocktail is a perfect drink for any occasion be it a party or a relaxing night in. It’s easy to make has a smooth tangy taste that is sure to please any citrus lover’s taste buds. Follow this recipe to create a refreshing drink that will become your new go-to cocktail.