As the temperature drops outside, there’s nothing quite like a hot toddy to warm you up from the inside out. This classic drink has been around for centuries, it’s easy to see why – it’s simple to make, delicious to drink guaranteed to take the chill off on a chilly night.
Here’s a classic recipe for making a hot toddy:
– 1 cup hot water
– 1 tea bag
– 1 oz. whiskey (bourbon or rye work well)
– 1 tbsp. honey
– ½ lemon
– Cinnamon stick (optional)
1. Begin by heating up a cup of water to boiling point. You can either do this on the stovetop or in the microwave – whichever is easiest for you.
2. Add a tea bag of your choice to the hot water let it steep for a few minutes.
3. While the tea is steeping, cut a lemon in half squeeze the juice from one half into a separate container.
4. After the tea has steeped, remove the tea bag add the whiskey to the hot water. You can use your favorite variety, but bourbon or rye work particularly well.
5. Next, add a tablespoon of honey to the mixture stir until it is dissolved.
6. Finally, squeeze the juice from the other half of the lemon into the mixture give it a final stir.
7. Serve in a mug with a cinnamon stick for garnish, if desired.
There you have it – a classic recipe for a hot toddy that’s perfect for chilly nights. The warmth of the tea, combined with the kick of the whiskey the sweetness of the honey, create a delicious soothing drink that will make you feel cozy in no time.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also experiment with different types of tea add other ingredients to customize your hot toddy. Some people like to add a dash of cinnamon or nutmeg for extra flavor, while others prefer to use different types of sweeteners like maple syrup or brown sugar.
However you decide to make your hot toddy, there’s no denying that it’s a classic drink that’s perfect for colder weather. So the next time you find yourself shivering in the cold, mix up a hot toddy let its warm comforting flavors chase away the chill.