How to Clean Your Keurig Like a Pro
Keurig coffee makers are the ultimate home coffee machine allowing you to brew a delicious cup of coffee in just a few seconds. However it is important to keep your Keurig clean to ensure its longevity consistent quality of coffee production. In this article we will guide you on how to clean your Keurig like a pro to ensure that every cup you brew is as fresh delicious as the first day you opened your coffee machine.
Gather Your Supplies
Before starting the cleaning process you must gather all the necessary supplies. You will need vinegar a paperclip or a needle a clean cloth and of course your Keurig machine.
Clean the Exterior
Start by cleaning the outside of your Keurig. Use a clean cloth to wipe off any dust coffee spills. Make sure to clean all the corners crevices. You can also use a non-abrasive cleaner for better wiping.
Descale Your Keurig
If you have been using your Keurig for quite some time mineral deposits can build up in the coffee maker. This results in clogs slow brew time and in the worst-case scenario the coffee maker stops working entirely. Descaling your Keurig every three to six months is the best way to avoid such issues.
To descale your Keurig follow these steps:
1. Fill the water reservoir halfway with vinegar the other half with water. Make sure that the ratio of vinegar to water is one to one.
2. Place a cup under the Keurig dispenser start the brewing cycle. Repeat the process three to four times filling up the water reservoir with the vinegar-water mixture each time.
3. Once the brewing cycle is complete let the coffee maker sit for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes empty the water reservoir fill it up with clean water. Run the brewing cycle three times with clean water to ensure that there is no vinegar residue left.
Unclog the Needle
Sometimes the needle that punctures the K-cup can get clogged with coffee grounds which results in slow brewing or no brewing at all. You can easily unclog the needle using a paperclip or a needle.
To unclog the needle follow these steps:
1. Unplug your Keurig machine locate the needle that punctures the K-cup.
2. Insert the paperclip or needle into the needle move it around gently to clear any clogs.
3. Run a brewing cycle with clean water to ensure that the needle is unclogged.
Clean the Drip Tray
The drip tray can accumulate a lot of coffee spills bacteria over time making it important to clean it regularly.
To clean the drip tray follow these steps:
1. Remove the drip tray from your Keurig machine.
2. Wash the drip tray with soap water or in a dishwasher.
3. Dry the drip tray completely before putting it back in the coffee maker.
Cleaning your Keurig is an essential task to maintain its longevity quality of coffee production. Follow these easy steps you will be able to clean your Keurig like a pro. Remember with regular cleaning your Keurig coffee maker will serve you a fresh delicious cup of coffee every time.