Get Your Pop On: A Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Paper Popper
Everyone loves making noise, one of the easiest ways to do so is by using a paper popper. Not only is it simple to make, but it can provide endless entertainment for people of all ages. In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide to making your very own paper popper, so you can join in on the fun.
To make a paper popper, you’ll need:
- A rectangular piece of paper (around 5 inches by 8 inches)
- A pair of scissors
Now that you have all the materials you need let’s start making the paper popper:
- Begin by folding the paper in half lengthwise, with the shorter edges of the paper meeting.
- Next, you’ll create the popper mechanism by making a series of folds. Take the top layer of paper fold it down so that the edge lines up with the crease in the center of the paper. Repeat the fold twice more, making sure to keep the folds tight neat.
- Now it’s time to make the sound. Hold the popper between your thumb index finger, use your other hto quickly press down on the folded edge of the popper. The air will be trapped between the layers of paper, creating a loud pop.
- Repeat steps 2 3 until the popper wears out or you want to make a new one.
If you want to make your paper popper more durable, try using thicker paper, like cardstock or construction paper. You can also experiment with the size of the paper to create a different sound or to fit in your pocket.
Making a paper popper is a simple fun activity that everyone can enjoy. With just a piece of paper a few folds, you can create a toy that will provide endless entertainment. So what are you waiting for? Get your pop on start making your very own paper popper!