DIY Tutorial: How to Make a Tie Blanket in Only 30 Minutes
Blankets are one of the essential things in our lives that provide us comfort warmth. People love to snuggle up in a soft cozy blanket on cold winter days. But have you ever thought about making your blanket? It may sound challenging but making a tie blanket is an easy fun project that you can do in only 30 minutes. In this DIY tutorial we will show you how to make a tie blanket step by step.
Before we start making the blanket let’s gather all the necessary materials first. Here’s a list of the things you will need:
- Two pieces of fleece fabric (approximately 2 yards each)
- Sharp fabric scissors
- Measuring tape
Now that you have all the materials in hand let’s get started with the tutorial. Follow these simple steps to make a tie blanket:
1. Lay the two pieces of fleece fabric on top of each other. Make sure the edges align the right sides of the fabric are facing each other.
2. Cut the edges of both pieces of fabric to make sure they are straight of equal length.
3. Measure mark a 4-inch square on all four corners of the fabric using a measuring tape.
4. Cut out the marked squares using sharp fabric scissors.
5. Cut 1-inch wide 3-inch long strips along the edges of both pieces of fabric. Cut through both layers of the fabric at the same time.
6. Tie each strip of fringe from the top layer of fabric to the matching strip from the bottom layer of fabric. Double-knot each strip to ensure the blanket won’t come undone.
7. Tie every other strip along the entire edge of the blanket in the same way.
8. Repeat the tying process for all the corners the remaining sides of the blanket.
9. Once you’ve finished tying all the strips trim any uneven or excess material your tie blanket is ready to use.
Making a tie blanket is a quick easy DIY project that you can do even if you don’t have much experience in sewing or crafting. It’s an excellent way to create a personalized unique gift for your friends family that they’ll treasure for years to come. By following the step-by-step guide you can make a cozy warm tie blanket in just 30 minutes. So why not give it a try?