Looking for a way to get smooth glowing skin without spending a fortune on expensive beauty products? Look no further than DIY sugar scrub!
Made with simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry sugar scrub is a gentle effective way to exfoliate your skin removing dead skin cells revealing a softer smoother complexion. Plus it’s completely customizable to your preferences allowing you to create a scrub that smells feels just right for you.
Keep reading for the ultimate guide to making your own DIY sugar scrub.
To make a basic sugar scrub you only need three ingredients: sugar oil a scent. Here’s what you’ll need:
– Sugar: Any type of granulated sugar will do but white granulated sugar is the most common choice. You can also use brown sugar if you prefer a scrub with a coarser texture.
– Oil: The best oils for sugar scrubs are ones that are light absorb easily into the skin. Some good choices include coconut oil sweet almond oil grapeseed oil olive oil or jojoba oil.
– Scent: This is optional but adding a scent to your sugar scrub can make it feel more luxurious enjoyable to use. You can use essential oils vanilla extract citrus zest or any other scent you like.
1. Start by combining 1 cup of sugar 1/2 cup of oil in a bowl. Mix well until the ingredients are fully combined.
2. Add in your desired scent starting with a few drops adding more as needed until you reach your desired level of fragrance.
3. Transfer the mixture to a jar or container with a tight-fitting lid.
4. To use the scrub apply a small amount to your skin gently massage in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water pat dry.
5. Store any remaining scrub in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
The great thing about DIY sugar scrub is that you can customize it to your liking. Here are a few ideas:
– Add in a few drops of food coloring for a fun colorful scrub.
– Use different types of sugar such as brown sugar or turbinado sugar for a coarser texture.
– Swap out the oil for a different type to change the scent or to better suit your skin type.
– Mix in some ground coffee or cocoa powder for an extra exfoliating boost.
– Use a different scent or combination of scents such as lavender peppermint for a more relaxing experience.
Benefits of Sugar Scrub
Using sugar scrub regularly can have a number of benefits for your skin including:
– Exfoliation: The sugar granules remove dead skin cells allowing for new healthy skin to emerge.
– Softness: The oil in the scrub helps to moisturize soften your skin leaving it feeling silky smooth.
– Brightness: Regular use of sugar scrub can help to brighten your complexion giving you a healthy glow.
– Smell: Adding a scent to your sugar scrub can help to lift your mood make the experience of using it more enjoyable.
– Savings: Making your own sugar scrub is much cheaper than buying a pre-made one you can customize it to your liking.
In conclusion making your own DIY sugar scrub is a fun easy way to improve the texture appearance of your skin. By using simple ingredients customizing your scrub to your preferences you can achieve the ultimate goal of smooth glowing skin. Give it a try see the difference it can make!