DIY Guide: How to Make a Lip Scrub from Ingredients in Your Kitchen
Dry flaky chapped lips can be a real bummer. But spending money on expensive lip scrubs doesn’t seem like the right thing to do right? Well why not make your very own lip scrub with ingredients you’ll find in the kitchen? Here’s how to do it.
What You Need
The great part about making a lip scrub at home is that you don’t need to go out buy any extravagant ingredients. Below are the kitchen staples you’ll need:
- Brown or white sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Honey: 1 tablespoon
- Coconut oil or olive oil: 1 tablespoon
Steps To Follow
Making a lip scrub is extremely easy will only take a few minutes of your time. Follow these steps:
- Get a small mixing bowl add the sugar into it.
- Pour in the honey oil of your choice into the bowl as well.
- Mix the ingredients together until they turn into a paste.
- Apply the paste onto your lips massage them gently in circular motions.
- Rinse off the scrub after a few minutes with lukewarm water.
And voila! Your homemade lip scrub is good to go.
Benefits Of The Ingredients
The ingredients used in this DIY lip scrub are well-known for their good qualities when consumed but they also have a handful of benefits when applied topically.
- Brown/white sugar: Sugar is a natural exfoliant that removes dead skin cells smoothens the lips.
- Honey: Honey has antibacterial anti-inflammatory properties that prevent infections reduce swelling.
- Coconut oil/Olive oil: Both oils are great moisturizers that hydrate the lips prevent them from becoming dry cracked.
Making a lip scrub from scratch at home is not only cost-friendly but it also gives you full control over the ingredients you use. Plus you can experiment around with different combinations of ingredients do taste tests along the way! Try making this easy lip scrub you’ll never go back to buying expensive ones again.