A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Perfect Dumpling Dough
Dumplings are a delicious versatile dish that can be enjoyed in many different ways. Whether you’re making potstickers wontons or gyoza the key to a great dumpling is the dough. Making the perfect dumpling dough can be intimidating but with this step-by-step guide you’ll be a dumpling master in no time.
The ingredients for dumpling dough are simple easy to find. You’ll need:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup boiling water
1. In a large bowl combine the flour salt.
2. Slowly add the boiling water to the flour mixture stirring constantly.
3. Once the dough starts to come together turn it out onto a lightly floured surface knead for 5-7 minutes until the dough is smooth elastic.
4. Cover the dough with a damp cloth let it rest for 30 minutes.
5. After the dough has rested it’s ready to be used.
– If the dough is too sticky add a bit more flour.
– If the dough is too dry add a bit more boiling water.
– If the dough is too tough knead it for a few more minutes.
Making perfect dumpling dough doesn’t have to be intimidating. With this step-by-step guide you’ll be able to make delicious dumplings in no time. So grab your ingredients get ready to make some delicious dumplings!