A Step-by-Step Guide to Making a Delicious Carrot Cake
Carrot cake is a classic dessert that is loved by many. It is moist flavorful can be enjoyed year-round. If you’ve never made a carrot cake before don’t worry! This step-by-step guide will help you make a delicious carrot cake that will be the star of any gathering.
To make a carrot cake you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup vegetable oil
– 1 1/2 cups white sugar
– 4 eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 cups grated carrots
– 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease flour a 9×13 inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl mix together the flour baking powder baking soda cinnamon nutmeg salt.
3. In a large bowl beat together the oil sugar eggs vanilla until light fluffy.
4. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients stirring until just combined.
5. Fold in the grated carrots walnuts (if using).
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Allow the cake to cool before frosting.
To make the frosting you will need the following ingredients:
– 1/2 cup butter softened
– 8 ounces cream cheese softened
– 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium bowl beat together the butter cream cheese until light fluffy.
2. Gradually add the confectioners’ sugar beating until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla extract mix until combined.
4. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
Your delicious carrot cake is now ready to be enjoyed! Serve it at your next gathering or as a special treat for yourself. Enjoy!